Sunday, February 3, 2013

Mending fences...literally

Monday and Tuesday of this week, my horse Sparky and a couple of his buddies decided it would be a good idea to break out of the pasture at the farm where he is kept and take a run down the road - three times in 12 hours.  Unfortunately, they were caught by the fuzz. The breach in the defenses was located and temporary measures were taken until repairs could be done.  That's what we started today.  I went out to the farm and cut brambles and wire and helped clean up along the fence line so that a new fence can be put up.  Three hours of mindless, manual labor with just a small group of good friends, working together but not talking much, enjoying each other's presence on a chilly February afternoon.  It was exactly what I needed after yesterday.

Yesterday was Midwinter A&S, a SCA event hosted by the Barony of Southdowns.  I had a wonderful time, but there were a lot of people to chat with and a lot of things to see and do.  Plus, there was court and feast.  I even made a few new friends and acquaintances (and I think we won the "loudest table at feast award"), but it was a lot of stimulation for the senses.  I'm just happy that my weekend balanced out.

No comments:

Post a Comment