Friday, January 25, 2013

Projects

So now that we have made it through Christmas, the beginning of the New Year, and 2 teenager birthdays, it is time to start prepping for SCA events and Gulf Wars!

The HusMan has a new tunic.  He cut it out over the Christmas break.  I serged it Monday and hand finished the sleeves, neckline, and hem.  It was all done Tuesday night.  Gotta love a serger (when it works)!


I have also been working on some embroidery.  This is on one side of the center panel of my turquoise blue wool hangeroc (a Viking apron that I wear when I do medieval reenactment).  The embroidery (an outline right now) is done in a wool/silk blend from Ursula's Alcove.  Beautiful yarn to work with!  This represents Sparky (aka The Boy aka my horse).  I am planning on filling him and then embroidering a fox to represent Sionnach on the other side of the center panel.




Tomorrow is a "cutting day."  I hope to cut out an underdress for me, an underdress and a hangeroc for the Wee Teen and a pair of pants for the HusMan - all to be sewn this week for a SCA event in Atlanta next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment