Monday, July 9, 2012

Nothing New to Report

Not much craziness happening at the farm right now, other than lots of sewing and knitting and domestic-y type crafts.  I am working on a pair of socks for Wee Teen that seem to be knitting themselves.  I cut out a dress for my medieval re-enacting hobby and will start putting it together this weekend, after I get back from North Carolina.  I have decided to barter 2 quilts - a doll sized one and a twin sized one - for a photo session for Pre-Man's senior pictures with a fabulous photographer-teacher friend of mine so I will start posting the quilt progress soon.  Another friend is going to try to teach me how to card and then spin wool on my drop spindle so I will begin posting pics of that process as well, starting with the fantastically fun task of washing the sheep's fleece that I have had in the basement for 3 years.  I have already washed some, but have much more to wash.

Fort Nugget update...
The Girls have been "cooped" up at night for almost a week now.  I am really enjoying not having to tote them into the house at night and then back out in the morning.  They seem to be adjusting well (except Louise).  Usually I have to go out in the evening and put them/shove them into the coop, but tonight was a little easier.  I put one of the Australorps (I can't tell them apart) in the coop and as I turned around to pick up another one, one of them just walked up the ramp and into the coop.  I had to help her down into the coop as they seem a little unsettled about the step down.  The other Australorps and Bunni walked up as well and I just helped them in.  Louise, on the other hand, just sat at the end of the ramp into the coop and refused to walk up so I grabbed her (literally, as she has a tendency to flap off and run around the coop while I chase her) and put her in the coop.  For once, there was no squawking or attempts to get back out.  This was, by far, the easiest cooping night!

Wednesday I leave for a "girls'" trip to North Carolina with the promise of cooler weather and fabric store visits.  I can't wait!  I'm a little nervous about leaving the Hus-Man in charge of the Girls as he still refuses to pick them up, but the Wee Teen does not fear them and hopefully they will continue to figure this coop thing out, making it a little easier on the their people.  You go, Girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment